Sunday, January 22, 2012

{Review} Destiny's Fire by Trisha Wolfe

Destiny's Fire
Author: Trisha Wolfe
Publish Date: January 10, 2012
Source: E-book ARC from Omnific Publishing (THANKS!!)
Publisher: Omnific Publishing
Pages: 224
It’s the year 2040, and sixteen-year-old Dez Harkly is one of the last of her kind—part of a nearly extinct race of shape-shifters descended from guardians to the Egyptian pharaohs. Her home and her secret are threatened when the Council lowers the barrier, allowing the enemy race to enter the Shythe haven.

As the Narcolym airships approach, Dez and her friends rebel against their Council and secretly train for battle. Not only is Dez wary of war and her growing affection for her best friend Jace, but she fears the change her birthday will bring. When Dez’s newfound power rockets out of control, it’s a Narcolym who could change her fate… if she can trust him.

Dez’s guarded world crumbles when she discovers why the Narcos have really come to Haven Falls, and she's forced to choose between the race who raised her and the enemy she's feared her whole life.


“Destiny's Fire is addictive! Trisha Wolfe knows how to create a compelling cast of fearless young characters who breathe life into a fresh and imaginative fantasy world. Trisha is a new star on the horizon of Young Adult fiction!” ~Jordan Dane, Critically Acclaimed Author of On A Dark Wing, Harlequin Teen. {Goodreads}
For starters, I have never read a steampunk novel. And man am I glad this one got to be my first! I have been reading a lot of first lately hah? Ya, it's cus I am REALLY behind on my reading...it sucks! But anyways, this book is a steampunk but it is also part dystopian just so you all know! I was fortunate enough to receive an ARC and look at the date? 12 days later? Ugh I really do apologize! Like I said I am behind on reading and then I have been bombarded with ALL SORTS of review requests. Not that that's bad...Its NEVER bad, just hard with school so again I sincerely apologize! :)


I had the honor of talking with the author herself. Miss Trisha Wolfe. So not only is she a great and wonderful person but she is an very talented writer! I absolutely adored her style in writing. She gave full detail of the steampunk world, the two different sides, each individual character and the places they went to. I am now a steampunk novel adorer! Why? Because of this wonderful book right here! I loved everything about it!


The main character, Dez, is a very likeable character. She is very headstrong but not too headstrong. She cares about her friends and family and would do just about anything to protect them. She is a halfbreed. Daughter of the Skythe AND of the Narcos! She has to hide her identity. Only her mom knows but all of it changes as well the Change approaches. Man do things take a turn and not just because of her Change process but because of all the Narcos invading the Skythe Haven. Aren't they supposed to be enemies? Aren't they NOT supposed to be allowed in the Skythe Haven? and most importantly WHY are they here?


Lana, Dez's best friend, is so awesome! She was so cool and kick butt! She could definitely hold her own! Nick, Lana and Jace's brother, was cool too. You didn't really see or here much of him but I still liked him. He was cool in his own special way. Now for the final one in the triplet siblings......


Jace....Awe Jace! He has been one of Dez's best friends for forever. He is protective of her, pushes her to her limits in training, and duuh! LOVES her! He is adorable! He shows her his love in cute little ways but of course Dez is just too dense to realize it. Of course there is more to the story ( I mean there has to be for me to love this boy right?) :) But....YOU have to read it for yourself...sorry! *innocent look* As much as I love the boy who is about to be mentioned just realize...I was rooting for him at the beginning and I still love him! He is just too amazing to pass up!


And now.....REESE!!!!! *sighs, melts....DIES* I know I use that reaction often with these fictional boys but who can blame me!! ;) Reese is SMOKIN hot! And he has secrets of his own! I was PISSED at the end at him but ya....again you have to read!!! (^_^) Everything zbout this boy screams..."LOVE ME!! I AM FREAKIN AMAZING AND DUHHHHHH HOT!!!!! WITH A CAPITAL *makes H sound*!!!! I think I said enough! haha Oh and I can't forget those hot...steamy....goose-bump producing moments between him and Dez *shivers* ;b


I kind of feel that Reese and Dez's relationship went a little fast. That he was a little too open and revealed himself a little TOO early but if I really think about it.....it was for the best....still part of me would have liked to have read a little bit more mystery in Reese. Of course that was just a teeny tiny dislike of mine but there is nothing else to complain about really. I LOVED it! It was amazing! The world, the ways of the people, the story behind the Feyan, the treaty, the history of them all. Ya pretty much EVERYTHING! lol

~~~~~~~*~My Rating~*~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~*~Trailer~*~~~~~~~



~~~~~~~*~Final Say-So~*~~~~~~~
Once you get a chance to read this book....do so! You won't regret it! And if you are like me, never before reading a steampunk...this is the one! This book is absolutely amazing! Definitely deserves those four stars!

~~~~~~~*~Favorite Quotes~*~~~~~~~
**********WARNING!!! Content may be spoilery!!!!**********

“Well precious, let this be a lesson.” He snapped my hands above my head, gripping them both with only one of his. He slid his fingers down my cheek, pausing to run his thumb over my bottom lip. “You shouldn’t come out to play until you have the power to party like a big girl.”~Reese

"He lifted my face and stared into my eyes. 'I promise. I'll find a way to ptrotect you.' For a brief moment something flashed in his eyes. It looked almost painful, as if something hurt him. But he quickly smiled a brilliant smile that illuminated his face." ~Reese

One hot and steamy and one cute awe moment one! Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoyed my review! :D
~Jaiden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...