Monday, June 4, 2012

{Review} Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Everneath 
Series: Everneath (#1)
Author: Brodi Ashton
Published: January 24, 2012
by Harper Collins/ Balzer + Bay
Source: Bought (physical copy)
Pages: 370
Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever. 
She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.
Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.
As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's... {Goodreads}
~Trailer:


~Review:
 So this is another one of those books where I really really wanted to read the day it came out but...you all guessed it..school. Now? Summer. Meaning? I read it.

 I'll admit. This book started out pretty slow. But it was ok! That's the way it was supposed to be!! Poor Nikki was confused and emotionless. Do I blame her? Heck no! That poor chica had been through alot! Cutest thing: What made her Return!

 You ask me? #TeamJack forever!!! He is soo cute! I am personally fond of the whole best friend turned relationship story. Never gets old for me! :D And their story: perfect!! Gah! Now don't get me wrong...I love Cole! ...just a little less than I love Jack. Jack's feelings are undeniable! Their relationship screams pure love when Cole's....its more of a possesional thing. But I admit...after one particular scene *cough cough* (the winter dance) that feeling...changed. I really wanted to believe Cole when he said he truly loved her and only wanted what was best for her. It made my heart ache and then I was as confused as Nikki. I couldn't decide which boy I liked better...until the end. That end (which I will rant about here in a second) was the tie breaker for me. Hands down...Jack is my love! <3

 And agin...this is one of those books that leaves me speachless. Honestly I have no freakin clue what to say in this review! Brodi did an AMAZING job by giving the myth a nice modern day twist/retelling! I felt the pain and loss from Nikki and enjoyed watching her piece it all back together and try to regain her relationships! 

 Now be warned. Her distance and ignorance was what made it hard for me to read at first. I wanted to put down the book because it was getting rather boring. But then everything picked up and it became a race against time! So intense!!! Word of advice when reading this book: Don't put it down. No matter how hard it may be for you to get into it. No matter how boring you think it is...DO. NOT. STOP. READING!!! I repeat: KEEP READING AND DON'T GIVE UP!!! YOU WILL REGRET THAT DECISION!!!!

 And with that out of the way....the most amazing part of the whole book!!!!>>>>>>>>>>> The end!!!!! *SCREAMS* O. my. goodness!!!! You guys I have to say that was the best ending ever!!! Seriously!! It was sooo freaking terrible! And for some reason..whenever I think about this ending I can't help but compair it to the Titanic. Anyone else?? No? Was it just me?? O well. Ya so I'm not going to give anything away but I will leave you with this....Have your covers covering you. Ya, be all snug as a bug in a rug! Have a glass of water if you start choking on your own tears and of course..now that I've mentioned the word tears....Have a ENTIRE box of Kleenex next to you. 

Yes, if you are anything like me....you will ball your little eyes out!! Seriously. I don't think I've cried that much since The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey series #3). I had the mascara running, hiccups, rocking back and forth repeating "No. No. No......"  the whole nine yards ya'll!!! I....I'm getting all teary eyed just remembering!!! Hahaha I went down stairs to my mom and the first thing she said: "Woah! We need to get you some waterproof mascara when youre reading now don't we!?" And then of course I went into her lap and balled my eyes out again. Choking on the words as I tried explaining the most terrible news I had ever read!!! *along side The Iron Queen*

Ya, so I'm just going to leave you with that. This book is getting the amount of stars I'm about to display souly for the ending. I mean the rest of the book was amazing and deserves the amount of stars but the ending sent it over the top! My reward: 10000000000000 stars!!!!! (o.O) I am sooooo looking forward to book 2!!!!!! I need more!!! :D 

Get this book everyone!!! You will need it!! ;)

Thanks for reading! :)
~Jaiden

~Rate:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...