Wednesday, August 15, 2012

{Review} Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready

Shade
Series: Shade (#1)
Team: Switzerland (Both boys are way to totally amazing for me to choose!) D:
Author: Jeri Smith-Ready
Release Date: May 4, 2010
by, Simon Pulse
Source: Bought
Format: Paperback
Pages: 309
Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.

Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.

Well, sort of.

Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.

It doesn't help that Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding--and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.

As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart...and clues to the secret of the Shift. {Goodreads}

~Trailer:

~Review:
  Shade was...amazing. I seriously don't know what took me so long to read this book, this series! It is oh so unique and I fell head over heals for the book and well...both boys! ;) First point of mind blowing uniqueness: The Shift. Cool or not so cool? Uhmm..both. The Shift is a time. Everyone born after the Shift has the ability to see and communicate to ghosts. For high school junior, Aura (btw awesome name!!), its a curse. But it pays well right? Ya, she works as a translator for her lawyer aunt. But most of the time, she just likes to pretend she can't see or hear the ghosts. That is until her boyfriend Logan dies. O my!! That...I didn't think it was going to be that sad when he died..how he died..not so sad...a little steamy and high?? ;)...but the aftermath was devastating!

  I loved Logan! He was so awesome, caring, and totally into both Aura and his music! And uhm...HOT! Then there is Zachary, the new foreign exchange student. Guys, let me tell you now, I am a huge sucker for accents. I love them! Except German..no offense I just kinda..don't. And to be honest...Scottish accents didnt really interest me..then I met Zachary. Holy shiz you guys! This boy is hot to the capital H!! And he is super sweet and absolutely adorable!! Both boys are purely amazing and..I can't decide. Too hard! But, lets see how book 2 and 3 goes for me.

  Then there is Aura. She was pretty cool. I really liked her! She has a hard life. Logan was what made it better for her. Then he died. Leaving her broken and empty. I am so excited to keep reading 1.) for her relationship status and 2.) to see where this "first" stuff goes! That really interested me and I totally need the last books ASAP! I loved every character Mrs. Smith created and the cool world she built up! Normal, with a paranormal twist. But the twist didn't totally eat up the normal ya know? I hope that makes sense haha

  Shade is an amazing read that I thoroughly enjoyed. Incredibly unique from the writing, the ghostly twist and the love that breaks your heart and manages to survive even death. The love is truly beautiful and I can't wait to go out and buy the last two books! If you haven't yet read these books get on it. Don't wait any longer. My mistake: waiting this long to read it!

~Rating:
4.5 of 5 wonderful stars!
See it. Buy it. Love it!!

Thanks for stopping by! 
Have a great Day!!
~Jaiden

2 comments:

  1. Nice review! I'm totally into this book, now. Especially since both boys sound great, and it's impossible to choose - that's great in a love triangle :D Glad you liked it so much. Definitely gonna buy a copy of this for me! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad I could help you out and get you to buy the book! It is soo good! I have to buy the next ASAP!!! ..need another paycheck haha! Yes! The boys are both amazing! So hard too choose! Hope you like it as much as I did! :) You'll have to let me know what you think after you read it!!
      ~Jaiden

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...