Saturday, July 13, 2013

{Review} Boundless by Cynthia Hand

Boundless
Series: Unearthly #3
Author: Cynthia Hand
Release Date: January 22, 2013
by, HarperTeen
Source: Bought
Pages: 438
The past few years have held more surprises than part-angel Clara Gardner could ever have anticipated. Yet from the dizzying highs of first love, to the agonizing low of losing someone close to her, the one thing she can no longer deny is that she was never meant to live a normal life.

Since discovering the special role she plays among the other angel-bloods, Clara has been determined to protect Tucker Avery from the evil that follows her . . . even if it means breaking both their hearts. Leaving town seems like the best option, so she’s headed back to California - and so is Christian Prescott, the irresistible boy from the vision that started her on this journey in the first place.

As Clara makes her way in a world that is frighteningly new, she discovers that the fallen angel who attacked her is watching her every move. And he’s not the only one. . . . With the battle against the Black Wings looming, Clara knows she must finally fulfill her destiny. But it won’t come without sacrifices and betrayal.

In the riveting finale of the Unearthly series, Clara must decide her fate once and for all.{Goodreads}
~Trailer:
 ~Review:
  So even though there has even a significant amount of amazing 2013 debuts...there have also been some let downs. Especially in the finishing department. Finishing department?

  The final books to series. Is this one of them? In some ways yes, sadly. The Unearlthy series was one of my first loves. Tucker one of my first boy loves and Cynthia Hand being one of my first Author loves. It was seriously amazing!!! The writing of Cynthia was so fresh and lovely it was hard not to fall in love with the books!

  Now I can't complain too much. The book was full of action, turns, pieces being out together, love!! It was all fantastic! I was so into the book I had trouble putting it down! I forgot the talent of Cynthia. Her ability to just draw you in with the easy flow of her writing. So if it was so great....why is it a disappointment in some ways?

  It left me disappointed for one reason and one reason alone. The absence of Tucker and the abundance of Christians presence. I started to fall out of love with Tucker and in love with Christian. I was routing for Tucker the entire time while reading it. In my mind set I was going to throw a hissy fit if Clara didn't end up with Tucker.

BEWARE OF SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  I hated the way she ended the book. I found the way she got Tucker with Clare was childish. I almost would have been ok with him dying and Clara ending up with Christian after her heartbreak. My emotions weren't hit as hard as they probably should have. When he died and she saw him in his death before walking into the light I did. I was heart broken. But the after felt as if she needed a reason to keep Tucker alive so she did the first thing she thought of. Wth!!? Tucker is now part angel? That I felt was stupid. And not to mention she left a lot of loose ends. She kind of gave a well this and this so because of that they got a happily ever after. What about Jeremy? Angela!?Christian? I mean poor dude. It wasn't the way I saw it all ending.

END OF SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  Like Requiem by Lauren Oliver I was left disappointed because of the cliche endings and the lack of tying the last ribbon. I felt as if it was incomplete. Everything up to the ending was absolutely amazing! It was everything I hoped it to be! That was the stuff I know Cynthia is capable of. The stuff I love her for. I wasn't completely disappointed but I was never the less. It is still a series I hold dearly to me but...I don't know. The ending was just off. I mean I was happy about it but not as happy as I thought I'd be. It's just this jumble of feelings I have. In the end the good out weighed the bad I think.

  If you haven't read this series yet I insist you do. It's beautiful and wonderful. Don't let me get in the way of you starting it. I encourage you to. Even though I had a slight disappointment it didn't completely ruin the series for me. This last book to the Unearthly series is alike with Requiem, the last of the Delirium series by Lauren Oliver. Both series that I love dearly and both with endings that left me feeling it didn't end. Try it out! You may feel completely different than I did with the ending. Again the ending was my only disappointment everything was wonderful! I can't wait to get something new from Cynthia Hand. She is an incredible author!

~Rating:
4 of 5 stars!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day,
~Jaiden

1 comment:

  1. I was a tad conflicted by the ending too. I was actually rooting for Christian, but it was clear from the beginning Tucker and Clara was end game.
    The end was a bit unrealistic and I did not like how we got no info on Christian and Clara's brother etc. But I still thought it was a good series overall:) Great review!

    evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...