Tuesday, July 30, 2013

{Review} The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

The Lost Prince
Series: The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #1
Author: Julie Kagawa
Release Date: October 23, 2012
by, Harlequin Teen
Source: bought
Pages: 377
Don’t look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them. 

That is Ethan Chase’s unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he’d dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister’s world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.{Goodreads}
~Review:
  I wasn't so sure I was gonna love this book like I loved The Iron Fey-Ash, Megan, and Pucks story. Truth is? I didn't. I couldn't. It may be the same world but it is not the same series and once I accepted that I was blown away. I never once doubted Julie and her talents. I doubted my ability to let go of the characters I had grown so find of. I didn't think I could see the world of the far without thinking of Megan and Ash and Puck. It took me some time to get over but it didn't take that long.

  Julie has this uncanny ability to draw you and and submerse you in the pages. It's pretty freaking ridiculous because I always feel so vulnerable and out of control while reading her books. I think I've said this before but Julie Kagawa has your heart and emotions in her hand while you read her books. You're like putty that she just molds and breaks. She throws you into these worlds and holds you down in them. You no longer have control over yourself. She brings these characters in that steal you from the beginning. She's got her claws deep in your heart as after words...it all lingers. Footprints of each story--each character, are imprinted there forever.

  I was so surprised with Ethan. I was like "Uhmm...who is this and where did Ethan go?" I was a bit sad that this is where Ethan came. Te world of the Fae haunts him. He now has a bad boy rep. While I was kind of sad I couldn't complain...Ethan is well, hot. I feel kind if weird saying it because the last time I had seen him he was only a little boy but well...he is no little boy anymore! Even though Ethan gives us this bad boy act, he is still the sweet boy he always was just minus the stuffed animal. He seems standoffish because he doesn't want to get close to anyone. Being close means bringing them right down with him into the Fae world.

  Keirran was funny and a total free spirit. I loved him. In many ways Ethan and Keirran were the new Ash and Puck. Ethan was brooding like Ash and Keirran was the lively Puck. It was nice having the banter from these two. It was like Ash and Puck before the enemies. They weren't Ash and Puck but there were similarities. Again, it was super hard not seeing my beloved characters again but I enjoyed Keirran and Ethan's story.

  You do get a special visit from the young adult worlds best fictional boys and that made me extremely happy! We even get a visit from grim, razor, and Megan. I love Julie's story telling. It's amazing! And now she is taking the Iron Fey series to a whole other level! Some serious shit is gonna go down. It's bigger than the iron fey. We get a call from the forgotten. Dang these thugs are creepy! I'm so excited that she decided to make a spin off on my favorite series. It's action packed, heart warming and thrilling! The new characters that enter the story are great and like able. Everything was done well. Julie Kagawa never disappoints. No. She always ends up exceeding our expectations. She is what authors hope to be!

  If you haven't read the Iron Fey series (The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, The Iron Queen, The Iron Knight) I suggest you read it first. You don't HAVE to but one, it's flipping amazing and my uptime favorite series and two, you might understand the fey world a bit better and Ethan. You get to see the Ethan before it all. The sweet little innocent boy who started it all. These books are one of the best books I have ever read. Julie is my favorite author because she brings all cards to the table. She is so talented. Her books are cinematic! Basically, all her books will be the best books you have ever read. Each one will capture you. Read each one! You will not be disappointed. If you were to ask me what to read Julie's books will always be my first suggestion. There is a reason and that reason is greatness.

~Rating:
Need-In-Order-To-Breathe (5 stars times a million) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...