Thursday, May 31, 2012

{Review} What a Boy Wants by Nyrae Dawn

What a Boy Wants
Author: Nyrae Dawn
Published: April 6, 2012
Source: Bought (only $0.99 on Amazon for Kindle!!!)
Pages: 135
Courtesy of watching his mom’s relationships, Sebastian Hawkins knows what girls need to do to get a guy. He has what he considers a PHD in hooking up. When he needs extra cash for a car, Sebastian starts up an online venture as The Hook-up Doctor, to anonymously help girls land the guy of their dreams. Of course, his services don’t offer a happily-ever-after guarantee. He’s seen firsthand getting together never means staying together. 
And then he falls in love… 
With the last girl he would expect…
Totally not in his game plan. 
Suddenly, Sebastian finds himself muddled in the game he’s always prided himself on. He can’t even pick up girls at parties anymore! Why would anyone want to be in love when it turns you into a stuttering, screwed-up, mess with really lame stalker tendencies? Stalking? Totally not his gig. 
But the Hook-up Doctor won’t let himself go down easily. He’s always known how to give a girl what she wants and now it’s time to figure out what a boy wants… and he definitely plans on getting it. {Goodreads}
~Review:
Uhm.....I don't even know where to start! This book left me absolutely speechless! No joke. Ok I'll start out with....

Sebastian. I loved that this book was from his POV!! I, as a girl, got to see inside a boys head. ;) Sebastian is one of those boys who likes to play around. He just likes to have fun. He feels bad for the boys who are "whipped". Why be held down by one girl when you can have a new girl whenever you feel like? One night hook-ups: Hell yes! Forever and ever: Hell no! But don't take that as him being a heart breaker! No. Sebastian would never lead a girl on. He doesnt want to be like the men who have been in his mother's life. The kind of guy who makes a girl feel special and that a relationship could bloom from it. Heck! He doesn't believe in relationships and he definately doesnt believe in love. Point being: He is a one shot dude. Hook up and that's it. He's seen his mother heart broken one too many times and would never do that to any girl.

In fact he's seen it so much that he's kind of a pro that this. You know...what a guy wants...what a girl wants...what it takes to get the guy! He's so good that he even has his own business as the Hook-Up Doctor! Ya, that's right he gets emailed from love struck girls who are in need of some advice to get the guy of her dreams. For $100 he gives the advice needed for that one girl to get her hook-up! ...Emphasis on the hook-up. Even though his work is full proof....he is not responsible for the happily ever after or deal.

Jaden (hey does that name sound familiar? Oh and it's not a girl), Pris, and Aspen are Sebastian's best friends. Aspen more then the rest. They've know each other since grade-K and have lived on the same street, just two houses down from each other, just as long. These guys have been through everything together. The girls have even had to save their sorry hook-up butts more than once and have had to deal with them and their flirts on more than one occasion. But that's ok cus that's just how close they are!

I loved each of the characters! They were individuals but they were the same. Each one of them was likeable and relateable. They each had their troubles and that's what made them so real! They found friendship because of their problems. They were there for each other!

Now enter in the beginning of the story when Sebastian gets another client: PA Rocks. But...somethings strangely familiar with PA. There was alot of dramatic irony going on and I loved it. But then of course I wanted to slap Sebastian and tell him to open his damn eyes! ;D

Guys...this book is amazing! It's a short read but it doesn't feel like it. You would think that with as much time passes....it wouldn't quite work. That it was too rushed or some nonsense that we often run into when talking bout short stories. But not with this one. Ms. Dawn worked time out perfectly! In fact she workeed everything perfectly! I mean this is from a guys prospective. a prospective of a guy...written by a girl. Eh. That often leads to the men being too perfect in that lil head of his. He seems too girly..whatever. Not a problem! You saw he wasn't perfect...the equivilant to how you think a guy's brain would work! Yes sometimes I was like...idk....but who am I to even say that! I'm not a guy expert!!

I am not joking when I say this book was AMAZING!! It seriously is one of my favorite contempories of all time! I couldn't stop smiling from page one! I seriously think my mom thought I was a freak from all my random smiles, giggles, and squeals when reading in the car. It was....absolutely amazing! I have no clue why this book isn't talked about more! Why everyone hasn't read it!

Do I recommend you all stop what your reading, buy this e-book(or paperback but you get the e-book quicker and in this case you need this book asap!...personally I'd like to own a physical copy so I can treasure it forever! but like I said...needed it asap!) and read!?
Yes.
Yes, I do.

Seriously people! Go and read this when you need a quick little read. You will NOT. be disapointed! This star deserves these five stars I'm about to give it and a heck of a lot more!!! Sorry for the long review but it was a must! You know that if I ramble....its good! If it leaves me speachless...its great!! If it's as long as this....its a musst!!

~Rate:

Thanks for stopping by! :)
~Jaiden

2 comments:

  1. Hmm... I might just have to take your advice and buy this book - you make it sound so good! I like the idea of getting the matchmaker story from a guy's POV - it's unique and sounds like it would make for a good story.

    Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely would recommend it! It's such a great quick story that I totally fell in love with!
      Thank you! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...