Tuesday, May 29, 2012

{Review} The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin



The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Series: Mara Dyer #1
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Published: September 27, 2011
by Simon & Schuster
Source: Bought
Pages: 452
Mara Dyer doesn’t think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.
There is.
She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been through, she can fall in love.
She’s wrong. {Goodreads}
~Trailer:


~Review: 
 I have been dying to read this book for...EVER! And just like with every other thing having to do with my reading/blogging life....it was out on hold...because of school. But fear not!! School is over AND I have had time to read this wonderful amazing book!

 This book had everything! Suspense, thrill, romance, a gorgeous boy that I just so happen to have fallen in love with and who just so happens to be in my top 5 favorite fictional boys, all equaling the perfect horror/mystery/paranormal book!

 The characters were put together so well! Each and everyone of them had a likable (or not so likable in some cases) character. Following Mara's confusion and trying to figure out what was real and what was just a hallucination made for the best "wild-goose-chase" anyone could ask for!

 Did I mention that I was pulling my hair out in some parts because it was so damn confusing!!? Or that I was biting my nails and the inside of my lip so much because it was making me flip out!!? Ya well I was doing all of the above. This book was not only funny, enjoyable, cute, and suspenseful but it was also sooo flippin FREAKY!!! Gah! They aren't lying when they say to read this book with the lights on that's for sure! Just by telling one of the freakiest parts to my brother made him want to stay up all night!

Oh....so! I have mentioned this new love of mine before right? Well, here he is again...in a little more...detail *laughs evily* hahaha jkjk! ;D This boy. Noah Shaw. WOW! Ya one ..he has GOT the looks! Now why?
Let me break it down for you...

  • He has the whole just-woke-up-out-of-bed hair....and looks hot!
  • Blue-grey eyes that you can just fall into....and looks hot!!
  • Cutest lips that can form into: hot crooked smile, hot devilish smile, hot shy smile, hot you-don't-want-to-know-what-I'm-thinking smile, etc's of smiles that melts your heart and gives your stomach the flips....and looks hot!!!
  • Has no choice but to wear the school uniform (he adds his own touch of style)...and looks hot!!!!
  • An animal person....which makes him hot!!!!!
  • Has that bad boy rep. but is sooo not the guy people make him out to be....which makes him HOT!!!!!!
  • Should I go on......?
 Didnt think so.....ya OH!!! The way him and Mara are!!!! Ya....from beginning: OMG! HILARIOUS!!! the middle to end: O.M.G!!!! I freaking love the crap out of you!!? Seriously. like come alive and share some of those heated kisses with me huh?? ;) AND!!  his secrets......SQUEEEEE!!!!!! Gah! I just can't wait to get more of this boy when the second book comes out..which luckily isnt too far but...still not close enough! >:(

 This book will intrigue you and keep your reading until you've had no chouce but to finish that night. You do NOT want to miss this series. That ending....that ending.!!! Seriously! You will have no say so in finishing this book from beginning to end then book to book....Good luck getting your sleep in for the next few days! ;)

 Get this book. read this book. love this book. enjoy this book. and NEVER EVER forget this book! 

Thanks for stopping by! :)
~Jaiden

~Rate:




1 comment:

  1. Great review! This is one of my favorite books. If you liked Noah in this one, you will like him so much more in the next one ;) Seriously though The Evolution really stepped it up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...