Tuesday, July 31, 2012

{Review} If I Stay by Gayle Forman

If I Stay
Series: If I Stay (#1)
Author: Gayle Forman
Release Date: April 6, 2010
by, Speak
Source: Bought
Pages: 234
A critically acclaimed novel that will change the way you look at life, love, and family. 
In the blink of an eye everything changes. Seventeen ­year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall what happened afterwards, watching her own damaged body being taken from the wreck. Little by little she struggles to put together the pieces- to figure out what she has lost, what she has left, and the very difficult choice she must make. Heartwrenchingly beautiful, Mia's story will stay with you for a long, long time. {Goodreads}
~Trailer:
There is one other video if you want to check it out but...I liked this one better! :)

~Review:
  I had heard many great things about this book so when I got the chance I bought it. Along with book two, Where She Went, they were a package deal. ;) I really got to say and brag....best decision ever. Don't borrow the book. Don't rent it from the library. Buy it. You need it. From page one I was completely consumed. The pages just flowed. Before I knew it, I was half way done and then...finished! I actually got to paying attention to see just how consumed this book got me. My average turned out to be 1 page per minute. I literally lost myself in this book's pages!

  Between the music and the characters, I don't know which was more of my favorite. Gayle just had this perfect way with words. Words that captured your attention. Words that described the scenery of Oregon gorgeously. Words that made you feel the sorrow, hurt, confusion, and love of the characters. Words that made every character unique. Words that gave each piece/reference to music, beauty. Perfection!

  Maria was a strong character. She gave insight to things you never would think of. She has such passion for both her music and her loved ones that made me respect her. She was different from those around her but that just made her standout that much more..in the best possible way. I loved her character! Her friend Kim was awesome...I loved the flashbacks throughout the book. OH! And the no chapter thing: brilliant. I loved that the book was separated by time rather than Chapter 1. Chapter 2. etc. Then, Adam. Man...I love this boy. He is the sweetest thing ...ever!! And the fact that he and Mia are such opposite sides of the spectrum make their love that much more cute! They don't have the perfect relationship. They have their problems but their love is real and true. There is no question about it.

And I can't resist this...so here is a present from me to you...My favorite quote of the whole book:
(Provided by Adam) <3

"You didn't really get those tickets from a family friend, did you?' I asked.
 .... He shook his head. 'that was two weeks of pizza delivery tips'"

And that. was when I fell in love with Adam Wilde. 

  If I Stay is breathtakingly beautiful. It will blow your mind, crush your heart, and completely consume you. Yes, beautiful is often associated with this book but it's true. I can't think of any better word to give this book but "beautiful". It is all sorts of beautiful. If you haven't gotten your hands on this book yet, you better. This is not a book to prolong.


~Rating:

Infinite Stars!! This book is a MUST!! 

Thanks for stopping by! 
Have a great day! :)
~Jaiden 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...