Sunday, June 30, 2013

{Review} The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa

The Eternity Cure
Series: The Blood of Eden #2
Author: Julie Kagawa
Release Date: April 30, 2013
by, Harlequin Teen
Source: bought
Pages: 434
Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.

Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.{Goodreads}
~Trailer:
asdfghjkl!!!!!!!!!!! <3 ;D
~Review:
  Holy Shit...Just...just wow. I understand shit can't be holy but this shit is holy. Hahaha jkjk!! I can't even associated shit and any piece of Julie Kagawa's work in the same sentence. Its offending. Let's start over shall we?                                                     *Rewinds*

  Wow! Has Julie done it again or no? No, she has exceeded! If you knew me well and someone asked who my favorite author was it'd be so easy to answer. Answer: Julie Kagawa. Hands down. No competition. She has the remarkable way with words. She has one of those gifts that are so natural. Some people are good authors. Some are great. Some are so good that you know that's what they live and breathe. The talent just oozes out of them *rewinds* (I hate the word oozes). The talent just flows so easily. Its effortless. For them to do anything else would be absurd. I mean she is very talented in other things as well but what I am trying to say is that there are some people who are born to do a certain thing. Julie was born to write, to steal our breaths and hearts with every word she puts to paper, every character she creates, every plot, every story.

  She is extremely talented. Her writing is flawless. The ability she has to capture readers attention from the very first page is incredible. It's what miracles are made of ;D Too cheesy? Too bad. ;P I seriously have trouble with each review I do of one of her books. It's hard to find the right words. No matter what I do I can't seem to bring justice to her books. I can't explain just how amazing her and her books are. I end up just saying to read it for yourself and find out. To experience it for yourself because that's the only way you will truly understand.

  This book was like a maze. You never knew what was lurking around the corner. Was it going to be sudden death? A trap? A dead end (there is no such thing in Julie's book mazes)? A fountain of fortune? A home free run? Every page amazed me more than the last. I was hooked. No, I was transfixed. There would be little to no action at one point and then BOOM! There is action galore and your brain can't process is so you have to go back just to make sure you didn't miss anything or make it all up in your head. One part in particular made me double...triple my steps back. It happened so quick and the catastrophe was so catastrophic I was like wth!? What the hell just happened and what did I miss? It was seriously in the blink of an eye and everything went to hell. My goodness!!! I couldn't help be taken back by the genius that Julie Kagawa produced sometimes.

  The characters are awesome. I love Allie. She is cool and that katana of hers is the definition of kick-ass. I even enjoyed Jackal's presence. I love the snide remarks, wit, and all around comic relief he blesses us with. I bet he would completely enjoy that statement. Allie and Jackal's conversations were hilarious. I am not convinced that Jackal is on the good side. Why? Because he isn't plain and simple. He is on the side that has the upper hand. What he does is for himself. If he sees it benefiting him he will jump in. If he sees it as sudden death he won't. Don't let him full you. Kanin. Man that was some rough stuff. Sarren *shivers* Now THAT is an evil character. The amount of goosebumps and shivers he managed to draw from me is ridiculous. That guy is seriously creepy, insane, morbid, and did I mention...evil!!? Zeke. *sighs* Oh Zeke. I love you like I love pizza...and that is a lot. Man this boy is totes adorbs ;P He is so pure and loving you can't help but be attracted and swooned.

  That ending. Sweet baby Jesus. I died. That was one of the worst endings you could possible have! I knew it. I knew that was going to be the case because of who Sarren is and he doesn't give you what you want....sometimes death is too easy. He will give you exactly what you don't want. The thing you would rather die than have. Goodness....I can't believe Julie actually followed through. I have no hope for the next book because it has nothing going for it but tragedy. Julie Kagawa is finally going to rip my heart out. Seven books later of hers and I am finally going to have nothing left. She keeps stealing piece after piece of my heart and with this final book in the Blood of Eden series it's all going to be gone. I am going to be a zombie: emotionless, starved, and depressed. ;P That's the thing. Her writing is so incredible that she leaves you so vulnerable. She holds your heart, mind and emotions in the palm of her hand. Every book of hers does that. She is a cruel cruel mistress that you can't help but love. *sings* And I hate how I love you so...*stops singing* (Ne-yo and Rihanna)

  I can only complain about one thing in this series: the book cover switch. I have a major reading pet peeve. Well I have a few but one is the following: when half way through the series they decide to change the covers. I like my books to match. They don't match when you go and redesign the rest of the freaking series. I like the new cover (its cooler when you can see it all. When you take the book jacket off it has Allie and her katana, same with the book flaps) but I would have preferred they made up their minds before releasing the first book!

  In a world over stocked on vampire books Julie throws her piece into the mix and shakes it all up. There is no going back once you read this series. The Blood of Eden trilogy is sure to out shine every vampire book in the Young Adult genre today. It's refreshing, riveting and ravishing. (Don't judge the word choice I needed three "r" words) ;P I'm not joking. This is a series sure to sweep you off your feet. I tend to like the more realistic books and this is as real as vampires get. No "shining in the sun light" vegetarian crap. It's creepy, thrilling and heart-throbbing. These books got it all: romance, action, blood and gore, heroism, all of it! Read this book. Then read all her other books. They are all amazing. I will swear up and down on Julie Kagawa and all her series. They are what greatness is made of. Plain and simple.

~Rating:
 
Need-In-Order-To-Breathe (5 stars times a million)

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day,
~Jaiden

4 comments:

  1. Great review! I love this series too:) That cliffhanger at the end was just gut wrenching..
    Followed you on NetworkBlogs since GFC is stopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Wasn't it!? I saw it coming (the very last page) but hearing all of that..well more like reading about hearing...was devastating. I was bundled up in bed crying haha! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. Great review, Jaiden! I love The Blood of Eden series as well, and I agree, Julie is always made of awesome!

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is the bomb-diggidy ;) Right!!? She is so flipping fantastic! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...