Tuesday, October 30, 2012

{Review} Dante's Girl by Courtney Cole

Dante's Girl
Series: The Paradise Diaries #1
Author: Courtney Cole
Release Date: June 24, 2012
by, Lakehouse Press
Source: Netgalley
Format: ebook
Pages: 356
I have spent every summer since I was ten years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring.
Until this year.
And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:
1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes.
2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto,” even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.
3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.
4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of the Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise.
5. See number four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew of problems and I’ve learned something from every one of them.
Let’s start with the fact that Dante’s world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raised on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference?
But hearts don’t care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante’s girl.
My heart just might be crazy. {Goodreads}
~Review:
  I was so excited to read this book and uber excited when I was approved to receive it on Netgalley! Love in a foreign city? Yes please! Those are like my favorite. Cliche? Maybe but...who the hell cares? It's a cliche everyone loves!

  The book starts out in the airport while Reece is traveling to see her father. Not something she is too thrilled about but..its a vacation right? Then she (yes literally) runs into uber hot, adorable Dante! Oops! This guy is a replica of a Greek god...both in my eyes and in Reece's. They say their apologies and part ways *sigh* but wait! They are on the same plane! *chu ching!!* But the great...has a change for the worst and a terrible disaster strikes having Dante dragged off the plane and Dante dragging Reece with him. First, uhmmm creepy! you don't even know the dude! But..he is hot and not giving her much choice so she goes and ends up stuck in a place she knew nothing about with the Prime Minister and his son..aka..Dante Giliberti.

  This book was adorably cute. It was funny and it was sweet. I loved Mia and Gavin they were the best of the book. I liked Reece. She was quirky and innocent and somewhat realistic. I have to say...some of her quirky sayings got annoying. I was kind of done with the "sweet baby monkeys" but at the same time I came to realize it was just her. We all have our dumb sayings and that's what makes us..us. But still, a bit annoying at times. I loved Dante but...he was too perfect. There weren't many flaws to him and the ones that were brought forward made him look only dumb and whiny. Put Reece and Dante together and....I wasn't quite feeling their love. I don't know what it was but something was just lacking which made me not feel the realness. Again too fiction. I felt like there was a pixie dust cloud/haze surrounding them.

  Now don't get me wrong, they were adorable. They had their relationship struggles and that helped them out in the "real" factor. The best books put enough real and enough fiction to where you have your toes curling, your cheeks blushing, and your heart fluttering. I just was sadly not feeling it. I was feeling the end though. That...that was possibly the cutest thing in the entire book!! AHH! I can go fan girl on the last 10 or so pages. A-DOR-A-BLE!!! I also felt bad about it too though. I mean, hello! What about her best friend? Was anyone thinking about her!? But, I still loved it! Cutest thing in the book! ^-^ I loved the setting and the culture. I didn't particularly like the amount of "American" jabs. I get there are going to be lots when you go out of the country but in this book...a bit too many? I just felt they were better left out.

  I am super excited for book 2 in the series (Mia's Heart). I loved her! She was so awesome. Her and Gavin were the two stable things in the book that were realistic. They were real and I loved them plus...Gavin..hot guy with a sense of humor and a dash of cockiness? I don't know why but those are what make me drawn to the guys...Humor...the guy has got to make me laugh. Not always serious you know? But also not able to be serious. Mia has a hard life and she puts up with it by wearing black and covering up but deep down she is true to her heart and self. I am SO excited to see what is brought to the table in her book! Hopefully it will be better than Dante. It will be an even balance of real and fiction. She will get deeper with Gavin and...its gonna be nice getting to know Quinn finally! ;D

  Altogether again...Dante's Girl is an adorable read. It makes you giggle like a little school girl and laugh from all the corny humor. A perfect book to read snuggled up on the coach basking in the sun like a cat (since it is no longer summer...but you can imagine! ;D) If you are looking for a quick, cute read, this book is for you! I don't ever for a second regret reading it. I liked it. I really did. I just merely didn't love it. I hope you enjoy it more than I did when you get the chance.

~Rating:
3 of 5 wonderful stars!

Thanks for stopping by! 
Hope you have a great day!! :D
~Jaiden 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...