Monday, October 8, 2012

{Review} Easy by Tammara Webber

Easy
Author: Tammara Webber
Release Date: May 25, 2012
Source: bought
Format: ebook
Pages: 304
A girl who believes trust can be misplaced, promises are made to be broken, and loyalty is an illusion. A boy who believes truth is relative, lies can mask unbearable pain, and guilt is eternal. Will what they find in each other validate their conclusions, or disprove them all?
When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup two months into sophomore year. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she's single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, and failing a class for the first time in her life.
Leaving a party alone, Jacqueline is assaulted by her ex's frat brother. Rescued by a stranger who seems to be in the right place at the right time, she wants nothing more than to forget the attack and that night--but her savior, Lucas, sits on the back row of her econ class, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. Her friends nominate him to be the perfect rebound.
When her attacker turns stalker, Jacqueline has a choice: crumple in defeat or learn to fight back. Lucas remains protective, but he's hiding secrets of his own. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.
(Mature Young Adult/ New Adult) {Goodreads}
~Review:
  So I bet you have heard all the corny stuff about this book being so "easy" to fall into its pages and fall in love with every last word. Well truth is....its true. It is SO easy to fall in love with every page, every word, every. single. thing. this book has to offer. It is a little older in the Young-Adult genre making it Young/New Adult. And I loved it! I loved the college atmosphere, the maturity and the plot of it all.

  Now be for-warned when you read this. This might not be something people younger than 15. It depends on your maturity level and what exactly you have been exposed to. Because you know the stories of college. The late nights, the crazy parties, the alcohol, the drugs and yes...that three letter words some of use love to hate...S-E-X. I have heard several things about sex in young adult books. Do you know what? This isn't young adult...its Mature Adult. I know people get uncomfortable with sex in books but it also depends on the author. Its all in the discretion of the reader and writer. Some people think its too much, too little, I don't know but for me this was fine. Yes, it got a bit descriptive at times but nothing uncomfortable. My tolerance level might be different for mine. So, going into this book...be warned. Use discretion.

  Now....that's over. I just wanted people to know. No one likes to be surprised with something and then ruin the book for them. It so didnt for me though. I loved this book with a passion! I liked Jacqueline. She was sweet and down to earth. She was normal and relateable. I like that in my protagonist. Someone who someone else can find something in common with. She was heartbroken and she was in need of love...but then one dark night...she needs a savior and TADA!! Savior and love come in one tidy package! :D Gah!! I loved Lucas! Like soo much!! He is the perfect bad boy with the twisted past (I wanted to cry when that was revealed!!) and the nice, considerate side that we all love our bad boy to have. *swoon!*

  This book was purely perfection! I loved, swooned, teared up, and laughed my butt off! Especially this one scene involving defense class, and the lawnmower! OMG...I died!!!!!! And will forever keep that in mind if I ever need it..hopefully never will but its noted! ;D There was humor, love, heartbreak, and the all important lesson of finding yourself and the one you love. I have so many thoughts and feelings for this book...its too much! What do I suggest? BUY! BUY! BUY!! You will not regret it! This book will forever hold a favorite spot in my Kindle! But I would prefer to own it in physical form...so when Penguin publishes this baby in November?? (yes it got publishing rights!! Congrats!!) buy it! I loved with a love so hard for this book! Did I mention that already?? Haha seriously you guys this is a book you don't want to miss! <3

~Rating:
 
4.5 of 5 wonderful stars

Thanks for stopping by! 
Have a great day! :)
~Jaiden

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it was. Definitely lived up to its hype! Ya it was just announced! Np! haha YAY!! get me one too? ;D haha jk

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...