Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hereafter by Tara Hudson

Hereafter
Author: Tara Hudson
Date Published: June 7, 2011
Source: Bought
Publisher: Harper Teen
Pages: 404  
Can there truly be love after death?
Drifting in the dark waters of a mysterious river, the only thing Amelia knows for sure is that she's dead. With no recollection of her past life—or her actual death—she's trapped alone in a nightmarish existence. All of this changes when she tries to rescue a boy, Joshua, from drowning in her river. As a ghost, she can do nothing but will him to live. Yet in an unforgettable moment of connection, she helps him survive.
Amelia and Joshua grow ever closer as they begin to uncover the strange circumstances of her death and the secrets of the dark river that held her captive for so long. But even while they struggle to keep their bond hidden from the living world, a frightening spirit named Eli is doing everything in his power to destroy their newfound happiness and drag Amelia back into the ghost world . . . forever.
Wow what can I say about this book? Well one I love Tara Hudson's writing style its so beautiful and easy to follow every thought and feeling. This book was about one girl name Amelia who can't remember anything about her or who she was except her name and that she is dead. Ouch right?? That would totally suck to die and not remember anythnng. She ends up finding herself floating in a small lake everyday after having "nightmares". Poor Amelia has it hard. I felt for her throughout the whole book. She is caught in the in between not completely dead but sure as heck not alive. She has been lonely and haunted for a long time until she meets Joshua. {Goodreads}

Joshua..I loved this boy! He was so sweet and down to earth and adorable. After reading several love triangle or the bad boy types I loved having Joshua added to my book life. He is so funny, and sweet and oh so totally charming when with Amelia. Because Amelia saved him after he recked and almost drowned to death he can now see her. The only one who can see, talk and touch her.

Omg their touch! That was sooo cute I loved how Tara Hudson created the spark/heat that they fealt every time they touched. Altogether this book was a great read and I highly recommend it to anyone who loves a cute love story with a ghostly twist. I fell in love with this book and can't wait till Arise comes out!! :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~Trailer~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now for some cute quotes! :)
****WARNING!! Content may be spoilery!
"I always would choose the hereafter, when it was a hereafter spent with him."

“See you soon,” I whispered. I bit my lip; and, in a moment of sheer abandon, I added, “I think I might . . . you know . . . love you, by the way.”
“Too,” Joshua whispered back groggily. “Love.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~***~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't forget to check out my giveaways going on now!! :)
~Jaiden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...