Saturday, February 4, 2012

{Review} Legend by Marie Lu

Legend (Legend #1)
Author: Marie Lu
Publish Date: November 29, 2011
Buy on....: ~Barnes and Noble~ ~Amazon~
Source: Bought
Pages: 305
Publisher: Putnam
What was once the western United States is now home to the Republic, a nation perpetually at war with its neighbors. Born into an elite family in one of the Republic's wealthiest districts, fifteen-year-old June is a prodigy being groomed for success in the Republic's highest military circles. Born into the slums, fifteen-year-old Day is the country's most wanted criminal. But his motives may not be as malicious as they seem.

From very different worlds, June and Day have no reason to cross paths - until the day June's brother, Metias, is murdered and Day becomes the prime suspect. Caught in the ultimate game of cat and mouse, Day is in a race for his family's survival, while June seeks to avenge Metias' death. But in a shocking turn of events, the two uncover the truth of what has really brought them together, and the sinister lengths their country will go to keep its secrets.

Full of nonstop action, suspense, and romance, this novel is sure to move readers as much as it thrills. {Goodreads}

I enjoy dystopians. Actually lately I have had quite an obsession for them. Normally they are all the same right? Government takes control, protagonist learns they have been lied to their whole life, protagonist fights back, and BAM! Cliff hanger ending! Ya, always the same nothing new. Then why do we keep reading them? I'll tell you why....every single one of them brings something new to the table. Sure..same outline in plot but its always a different way of seeing the horrible government. A new wrong. A new lie...new characters! And of course, the authors writing style.

Marie Lu has a way with words! I love her idea with alternate POV's between Day and June! I enjoyed reading each side. One on the governments side and one from the opposing force. The one who sparks the rebellion! Amazing! And the reasons behind Day being an outlaw...*cries*

Day was a piece of work! A HOT piece of work! He isn't like your average fictional boy that's for sure. Miss Lu changes it all up. His looks, his attitude, his family, his environment...it all! *sighs*Ya I love this boy! And his....when......*sobs, bawls* Ya I cried. No judging!  He was so strong when everything around him seemed to fade. He was selfless. Always thinking of others. Of his family. He was open and likeable. He had a past that hurt him but that at the same time, only made him stronger. He loved his family. He did the things he did without inflicting any real harm. He isn't a killer. A thief, a source of havick for the government but everything that he has done....has been done out of/for good. I. LOVE. DAY!!!!! <3 :D I also really liked June! She is in some ways like Katniss except....more likable. I know! I know! I am going to be shunned for this but it's true! (at least in my eyes).

I'm sorry but although some things about Katniss were cool...I didn't really like her. Yes she was a really cool kick-butt character but she wasn't real. She showed no real emotion. She lacked the respect and gratefulness for those who had helped her. She shoved both boys around and in the last one....UGH! Poor me! Poor me! POOR ME!!! Ya, sorry this isn't a Katniss review...this is a June review. But I had a point with that, promise. What I'm trying to say here is that even though Junes is all powerful, smart and totally kick-butt she was real. She showed the vulnerability (not too much) but enough to show, like I have said before, she is real. Some how relateable, likeable. She was strong willed without being emotionless. She was skilled without being cocky. She was weak but she was invincible. She had everything I like in a kick-butt character.

Now...put those two charcters together.....and you get......pure AMAZINGNESS! Again, I loved the alternate POVs! I loved how you got every one of Day's emotions and then next chapter every thought of June's! Together they were a steamy mess! Seriously! They had this sudden spark....attraction from the first time they met! I love how Marie Lu entered June into Day's world! That mmy friends is the definition of a kick-butt heroine! They were both so witty together there were just some parts I had to laugh out loud about!

~~~~~~~*My Rate*~~~~~~~
4.5/5 stars!! (I always like to round up the numbers!) :)

~~~~~~~*Trailer*~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~*Final Say-So*~~~~~~~

And that's just it you guys! Truth DOES become Legend! This book is a legend! I will always keep this book in my possession. To read when I am bored, to read when I need more Day, to read when I need a awesome fix! This book is past words! It has EASILY become one of my favorite dystopions of all time! That ending.....wow! Ya, sorry guys. I'd love to be able and type the whole story out for you and swoon and add my two sense in along with every sentence but I can't. YOU have to go and see for yourself why everyone is raving about this book! You have to see why, in itself, it is a legend! This is one for the shelf...a shelf too keep for a lifetime and pass down to your kids...then their kids so they can see for themselves if in THEIR lifetime there is a real, true story like this....you never know right? So run to your nearest bookstore and buy this book! You really don't want to miss out on this book you guys! Really.

Thanks for stopping by and reading! Hope it was helpful! :D
~Jaiden

P.S!!! The next installment needs to come out soon! Get on it Marie Lu! ;) I need it now! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...