Sunday, February 26, 2012

{Review} The Willows: Haven by Hope Collier

The Willows: Haven (Willows #1)
Author: Hope Collier
Published: October 11, 2011
Source: e-book review copy from Ms. Collier! Thanks!! ^-^
When tragedy strikes, seventeen year-old Ashton Blake sets out on a cross-country road trip, leaving the comforts of Malibu for the mountains of Kentucky. Along the way, she encounters Gabe Willoughby—the mysterious drifter with eyes like the sea and a knowing smile. Getting to know Gabe raises questions about her past. But no secret can be buried forever, and Ashton soon finds herself in a world where water is air and myth becomes reality.

Just as Ashton comes to accept her newfound heritage, she’s summoned to fulfill a treaty laid down centuries before — a treaty that will divide her love and test her loyalty. In the end, her future isn’t her biggest concern, her humanity is. To run may mean war, but is she strong enough to stay? {Goodreads}
 ~~~~~~~*My Review*~~~~~~~
The Willows: Haven is very different. I have not read anything in this genre before...I won't tell you the genre of paranormal it is because well, it's a secret! You'll have to read it for yourself sorry haha! The beginning is great! I loved it! It was a mystery so you HAD to keep reading! Then she meets Gabe and it all goes greater! Like I said, loved the beginning definitely kept me interested! Then it started going off the bdeep end for awhile and then picked up speed then it PISSED ME OFF!!! Well, I was just hurt haha it's a good book pissed off haha

Sometimes Ashton could be whiny and annoying but this book was very good! It is a good I-don't-know-what-to-read read lol Gabe was pretty cool and honestly liked him alot then.......ya anyways I liked Kyle more...ALOT more! He is so cute and once again I fall for the best friend who has loved her for awhile character. What can I say? I mean they know you! The REAL you! They have seen you at your worst and are still there for you. They lone you their shoulder when you want to bawl your eyes out. They always have your back and will kick the ass of the dude that hurt you! do I need to keep going?

~~~~~~~*My Rate*~~~~~~~

 Now, don't get me wrong I really liked this book it was very interesting and kept me reading. Why did I give it three stars then? The only reason it gets three stars is because of the ending.....The pick...if you know what I mean...UGH! Ashton PISSED ME OFF SO SO SO SO MUCH! I literally through my ipod on the couch, screaming and yelling "How could she be so stupid!!! What the hell is her flipping problem!! How in the world could she.....after.....and then how the other.....and did......and said......Come on!!! WTF!!!!!!!!" Ya, I through a lil hissy fit! But that's the only reason! :) If the situation would have happened differently then I would have given it 4 stars. I know, harsh but I was seriously mad! Can you tell hahaha
 

~~~~~~~*Final Say-So*~~~~~~~
 When you have the time definitely pick this one up! It's so cool and diferent. Sometimes it was lacking plot and went a everywhere at times and you were confused but past that....great e-book read! Like I said when you have the time...you shouldn't regret it.

Thanks for stopping by! :)
~Jaiden

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...