Tuesday, October 16, 2018

{Moonlit Rambles} BINTRR: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin


"Books I Need to Re-Read"
.
This is something I think I'm going to start doing every month.
I'm still in school but I'm thinking when I graduate I also want to make it a monthly challenge.
.
The idea?
Every month choose a book/series I would like to re-read.
And actually re-read it.
I feel I get to carried away with all the new that I forget to go back and treasure
all the books that had already made me fall in love with.
I always say I'm going to do it and then never do because a book I'd 
been waiting on already came out.
.
So I'm giving this a go as a way of holding me accountable to do this.

-

This month. In the spirit of the spooky, my book this month is:

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Series: Mara Dyer #1
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Release Date: September 27, 2011

Mara Dyer believes life can't get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.

It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her strangely unharmed. 

There is.

She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love. 

She's wrong. {Goodreads}

...When?
The last time I read this book was the first time I read this book.
I read it (according to Goodreads) May 28, 2012. I believe the second book was coming out at the time I read it and knew I was going to love it so decided to catch up on the series.


“Thinking something does not make it true. Wanting something does not make it real.” 
― Michelle Hodkin, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer


...Thoughts before:
The first time I read it- 
"This book had everything! Suspense, thrill, romance, a gorgeous boy that I just so happen to have fallen in love with and who just so happens to be in my top 5 favorite fictional boys, all equaling the perfect horror/mystery/paranormal book!"-from my review in 2012
Before the end of this post-
I remember being completely falling in love with Noah Shaw. I remember being really creeped out by it. I started reaching back into its memory and knew I had to re-read it this month.
I remember the chemistry between Mara and Noah was on fire. I remember being completely thrown off guard by the ending. I remember I wanted to keep this series forever.

“I was warned about you, you know."
And with that half-smile that wrecked me, Noah said, "But you're here anyway.” 
― Michelle Hodkin, The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

...Why?
Before I launched my blog again, I took stroll through my local Barnes and Noble, interested to see what was new, and basically all the books I had missed out on over the years. And then it happened, I came across The Becoming of Noah Shaw and my heart broke. The Mara Dyer series by Michelle Hodkin is one of my most treasured series ever. Noah Shaw is one of those boys that completely melted my heart and set it on fire simultaneously. It took so many twists and turns and in general just gave me so many feels. Seeing a new series come out with Noah as the main character, I knew I had to have it but I also knew it had been years since I read the series that started it all.

Then came October and I was trying to prep all these spooky themed posts. (spoiler alert!) I was trying to rack my brain for some of the most creepiest books I had read to date and this popped up almost instantly and that nagging feeling of I really should re-read the series came clawing back. Then I struck gold! I figured this would be an awesome monthly series and new it was the perfect start!

“Fix me," I commanded him. "This thing, what I've done - there's something wrong with me, Noah. Fix it."

Noah's expression broke my heart as he brushed my hair from my face, and skimmed the line of my neck. "I can't"

"Why not?" I asked, my voice threatening to crack.

"Because," he said, "You're not broken.” 
...After:
So, I thought it would be a great idea to insert some quotes for nostalgia and inspiration to me and to you guys. This pretty much damn well killed me. I took a little break from a midterm paper to write this (the brain needs a break sometimes you know!) and it took everything in me to not quit right then and there and start reading. These quotes are everything and there are so many great ones on Goodreads (here is the link if you want to torture yourself too). This solidified it. I'm putting all my other books on hold and starting this book ASAP. 

Hold me to it!
Check on my goodreads stats and give me a budge.

What about you?
Are there any books you'd like to hold yourself accountable to re-reading?
Would you be interested in joining in on this monthly with me?
Let me know your thoughts on my book of choice and
your opinion on this new feature of mine!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...