Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Best of 2011 Day#3

Welcome back! It's Day 3 and its all about the covers! It's true when they say "Never judge a book by its cover" but how can you resist sometimes? I admit. Sometimes when I read a book it's because I was intrigued by the beautiful cover! So ya it's kinda hard to not judge. Especially when the covers look like this.........
10. Remembrance by Michelle Madow. I love the mask! That time is my favorite period of all time! The dresses, the corsets, everything! It is such a beautiful cover! And I just bought it from gift cards I got for Christmas! Can't wait to read this one!
9. Watched by Sharde Richardson. SPARKLES and SHINE!! I love the light erupting from the left corner! The font used for the title is beautiful. The girls red hood and golden eyeshadow all come together to make a gorgeaous cover! Love it! :)
8. If I Die by Rachel Vincent. This one is more of an eery beautiful. It gives off that whole death projection and I haven't read this yet but from the title I can see kinda see the meaning in the cover. The boy and her gorgeous dress makes this cover absolutely stunning!
7. Exiled by Rashelle Workman. I love everything about this cover from the bubbles (I think they are bubbles lol), the butterflies in her hair, the font, to the simple shine accenting the "D" this cover is captivating! :O
6. Anew by Chelsea Fine. This cover is all about small details  you have to pay attention to for instance the golden ring in her hand. I haven't read this one either yet but I have a feeling that ring is important. Purple is my favorite color (can you tell) and I love that that is the main color scheme. The leaves she is laying on and the highlight behind the "The Archers of Avalon". Now put black, grey and purple together and you got yourself a winner! The model is very pretty and I like her dress too! Another amazing cover! <3

5. Wander Dust by Michelle Warren. I absolutely adore this cover! Again More sparkles and shine. I love how those sparkles and shine seem to be trailing behind her as she runs! It adds a cute, magical affect to it. I love the situation of her runnin through a field in a cute dress. The greenish sky, the shine/sparkles, and the brown feild draw you into the middle. The middle being the girl. You can't help but wonder: "why is she runnin?" "is she happy?" and I know I need to read this!! I didn't start my years reading until June so I am really behind!
4. Eona by Alison Goodman. This cover is the apitamy of what seems to be a kick-ass book! The dragon in the background is so freakin epic for one! The army in the background provides a dangerous side. The Chinese(Japanese, idk sorry) symbol in the "o", the gravel beneath her feet and lastly the main girl--her hair flowing, and her two swords gleaming in the sunlight--complete my idea of one kick-ass looking book! You go girl! (I haven't read these books either. I know I am ashamed!)

3. Dearly Departed by Lia Habel. The trees, the pink, the delacacy of her dress, and her umbrella all come together to make this cover gorgeous! Only one word for this cover: BE-AU-TI_FUL!!! I NEED this book!!!! <3 Major cover love right here!! <3 <3
 2. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand. MORE PURPLE!!! :D haha I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! This cover! It's so elegant and portrays fragility. The model once again is really pretty and the dress she is wearing is imple but very pretty too. I Love the trees behind her and again the font! I adore the swirls coming out of the title and the one feather resting under the "u" and "n"! Beautiful! I love seeing this one on my shelf! <3






And my favorite cover of this year goes to.......
*
*
*
*
1. Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey! This cover is so breathtaking! I could literally stare at it for hours on end! I love the dress! Not to mention how it shatterd into what seems like petals. Hence the name "Shatter"Souls! Plus the actual title name is shattering too! Plus the words on the side: "Love. Death. Destiny. Danger" Seems pretty amazing right!? And if you actually own the book those shattered petals trail to the back too! Ah! This book is soooo GORGEOUS!!!





Thanks for stopping by you guys!! Hope you enjoyed my picks! Don't forget about the polls! This one (here) the actual poll is below the review! It ends tonight so get them in! It ends now at 12 (Mountain Time) Also this (here) one ends tomorrow (same time same place)! :)
<3 Jaiden

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I love my cover and am so grateful to the art department at Penguin for nailing the mood of the book so well.

    Your blog is lovely. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sooo very welcome! It is just soo very gorgeous! Thank heavens for Penguin nailing it then lol!

    Thank you so very much! :D And thank you for the follow! I am so honored! <3
    ~Jaiden

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...