Thursday, October 27, 2011

Iron Fey Devotion Day4

Ok so after having some cover and waiting fun its time to get back to my devotion even though the release day has already passed!!!  I've given my reviews, devoted a song to Puck, and givin my favorite quotes from the Iron King but now it's time to give my favorite quotes from the Iron Daughter (bbook 2 in the series) So her they are hope you enjoy! :)
“Puck whispered, smiling to soften his words. “I wouldn’t defy Oberon for just anyone. But, for you…” He leaned forward, touching his forehead to mine. “I’d come back from the dead for you.”~Puck

“She pulled up Ash's shirt, revealing a layer of gauze that was just beginning to seep blood onto the mattress."At least the bandaging was done properly," she mused."Very nice, clean work. Your handiwork, I presume, Goodfellow?"
"Which one?"
"The bandage, Robin."
"Yeah, that was mine, too.”~Puck

“Forgive me," Ash murmured, and I heard the faintest of tremors beneath his voice. "But I can't...I won't...give her up. Not now, when I've just found her."-Ash”

“Don't leave," I whispered, tightening my hold. "Never leave me again. Stay with me. Forever." The winter prince smiled, a small, easy smile, and lowered his lips to mine. "I promise."-Meghan and Ash”

“If you are going to do that, would you mind not jostling the bed so much?' came a sarcastic voice near the head board. 'Perhaps you could roll around on the floor.”~Grimalkin

“You're here, and the only dance I want is this one.”~Ash

“How is Oberon these days? Still being henpecked by that basilisk of a wife?"
"Don't insult the basilisk....” 

“Meghan,” whispered a voice, heart wrenchingly familiar, drawing me out of the void. I recognized it immediately, just as I realized it was a figment of my desperate imagination, because the real owner of that voice would never be here, talking to me.
Ash?
“Wake up,” he murmured, his deep voice cutting through the layers of the darkness. “Don’t do this. If you don’t come out of this soon, you’ll fade away and drift forever. Fight it. Come back to us.”
I didn’t want to wake up. There was nothing but pain waiting for me in the real world. If I was asleep, I couldn’t feel anything. If I was asleep, I didn’t have to face Ash and the cold contempt on his face when he looked at me. Darkness was my retreat, my sanctuary. I drew back from Ash’s voice, deeper into the comforting blackness. And, through the layer of dreams and delirium, I heard a quiet sob.
“Please.” A hand gripped mine, real and solid, anchoring me to the present. “I know what you must think of me, but…” The voice broke off, took a ragged breath. “Don’t leave,” it whispered. “Meghan, don’t go. Come back to me.”~Ash (sorry that one was long)

“Why am I so drawn to you?" He muttered, almost to himself. "why is it so hard to let go? I thought...At first...It was Ariella, that you remind me of so much. But it's not." though he didn't smile, his eyes lightened a shade. "You're far more stubborn than she ever was." I sniffed. "That's like the pot calling the kettle black," I whispered, and a faint, tiny grin finally crossed his face, before his expression clouded and he lowered his head, touching his forehead to mine. "What do you want of me, Meghan?" He asked, a low thread of anguish flickering below the surface. Tears blurred my vision, all the fear and heartache of the past few days rising to the surface. "Just you," I whispered. "I just want you." -Ash and Meghan”(so was this one)

“What if I take you apart and turn you into a toaster oven, how would you like that tin can?”~Puck

“You look like crap, prince. Did you miss me?" -Puck” 

“so, we're at war. Perfect. Shall we save time and kill each other now, or did you want to wait until later?" -Puck”

The dwarf snorted. "Yeah, sure, whatever. But I want a serious answer, Prince."
Ash was still for a moment. "Yes," he murmured, his voice so low I barely caught it. "She's worth it."
"You know Mab will tear you apart for this."
"I know." -Dwarf and Ash”

 He shrugged, a casual lift of one shoulder. "You tell me. When I left Nevernever, I didn't have any plans other than being with you. If you want me around, just say the word.”~Ash

"PRINCESS." Abruptly, he bowed. "IT HAS BEEN AN HONOR. WERE THINGS DIFFERENT, I WOULD GLADLY SERVE YOU UNTIL THE END OF TIME." He looked at Ash and nodded, as it suddenly dawned on me what he was implying. "SHE THINKS THE WORLD OF YOU, PRINCE. PROTECT HER WITH YOUR LIFE.”  ~Ironhorse

“Ash brushed my cheek with the back of his hand, catching a loose strand of hair between his fingers. "I've seen thousands of mortal girls," he said softly, "more than you could ever count, from all corners of your world. To me, they're all the same." His finger slid below my chin, tilting my head up. "They only see this outer shell, not who I really am, beneath. You have. You've seen me without the glamour and illusions, even the ones I show my family, the farce I maintain just to survive. You've seen who I really am, and yet, you're still here."~Ash

“You ran a light anyway, dickhead!” 

“Ash looked at me. I saw pain in his eyes, and a little regret, but they shone with such emotion I felt breathless. 'I already have.”~Ash

“I know you'd risk everything to protect us, and that's what worries me. You still don't know enough about this world to be properly terrified. Things are going to get screwed eight ways from Sunday, and you're making goo-goo eyes at the enemy! I heard what happened in Machina's realm and yes, it scared the hell out of me. I love you, dammit. I;m not going to watch you get torn apart when everything goes bad." -PUCK”

“Wow, icy reception here. And to think I came back from the dead for this." - Puck”

“Meghan's in lo-ove," sang the phouka, making my heart stop. "Meghan's in lo-ove. Meghan and Ash, sitting in a tre--" -Tiaothin”
“From the moment you stepped into the nevernever, you've been my undoing. I should never have agreed to that contract." -Ash”

“I rose from the bed, my heart thudding in my chest. "Kiss me," I whispered, and saw his eyebrow arc in surprise. "Just once more," I pleaded, "And I promise it will be the last time. I'll be able to forget you after that." -Meghan”

“I know it's too soon right now," he murmured into my hair, "but just so you know, i'll wait. When you're ready, i'll be right here. Don't forget, Princess." -Puck”  

“ASH: What are you doing here, Goodfellow?
PUCK: Rescuing the princess from the winter court, of course. Though it appears I'm saving your sorry-ass as well
ASH: I could've handled it
PUCK: Oh, i'm sure. Well then, shall we get on with it? Try to keep up, your highness
ASH: Just stay out of my way” 

“Princess." Puck's voice broke through my numb trance. I glared poisoned daggers at him and he gave me a weak smile. "Scary, you can rip me to pieces later. His royal iciness isn't looking so good. We have to get him to a healer, now." -Puck”

“I seem to remember a certain someone swearing that she couldn't dance at all. Obviously I must have been with her twin sister, because i was expecting you to step on my toes all night. Been taking lessons, Princess?"
-Puck” 

“He sighed, and his eyes closed. "You were right," he murmured, his voice nearly lost in the darkness. "I couldn't do it alone. I should have listened to you back in Tir Na Nog."
"Yes, you should have," I whispered. "Remember that, so that next time you can just agree with whatever I say and we'll be fine.”

“Ouch. Well, you know what they say - you always hurt the one you love. Or is that the one you hate? I can never remember. - Puck”

 “I can't forget. I miss him. I know he's the enemy, and we broke all kinds of rules, but I don't care/ I miss him so much, Puck."~Meghan

“Shopping is just another form of hunting. All fey are hunters, whether they admit it or not. It's in our nature, pet, nothing unnatural about it.”

“Wow, Meghan!” Kimi bounced in place, clapping her hands. “You look
awesome! I love what you did with your hair.”
“PRINCESS.” Ironhorse looked me up and down, nodding in approval.
“TRULY, YOU ARE A VISION.”
I glanced at Puck, who was staring at me in a daze. “Um…” he stammered,
while I nearly went into shock with the novelty of actually rendering Puck speechless. “You
look…nice,” he muttered at last.
I blushed, suddenly self-conscious.”

 “Ah, this is Princess that turned Prince traitor," he hissed, eyeing me up and down. "And now they need gobblin tunnels out of city, good, good." -Sweetfinger”

Puck retreated, grinning, and the nurse sighed. “Those two,” she muttered.
“They’re either best friends or darkest enemies, I can’t tell which. Come with me, Miss Chase.”

“...we could've had something perfect, but it just wasn't meant to be.”

“Puck rolled his eyes. Holding out his hand, he gave me an encouraging smile. “Come on, Princess. Don’t want to get separated in here.” I clasped his hand, and he curled his fingers around mine. “Let’s go, then. Rusty can bring up the read. That way, if we’re jumped from behind, we won’t lose anything important.”
I felt Ironhorse’s indignant snort as we entered the tunnel, and I pressed closer to Puck as the shadows closed in on us like grasping fingers.

“I think our last kiss was meant to be quick and chaste, but after the first touch of his lips fire leaped up and roared through my belly. My fingers yanked him close, digging into his back, and his arms crushed me to him as if wanting to meld us together. I knotted my fingers in his hair and bit down on his bottom lip, making him groan. His lips parted, and my tongue swept in to dance with his. There was nothing sweet or gentle in our last kiss; it was filled with sorrow and desperation, of the bitter knowledge that we could've had something perfect, but it just wasn't meant to be.” 

“Then you came along," he muttered, touching my wet cheeks, "and suddenly...I don't know. It was like i was seeing things for the first time again. When I saw you with Puck, the day you came to the Nevernever..."

-Ash”
~~~~~~~~~~~*Ok so there are like a kagilian (Idk if that is even a word) more but without taking up too much space...sadly....that is aall I am posting..you k=can findmore quotes here: Goodreads! Hope you enjoyed these amazing quotes!! Have a great day and thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...